Tuesday, September 02, 2014
1. While it is true that ISIS beheadings of journalists are a particularly ghoulish form of murder, people murdered by other Islamists and Arab fascists in other manners are just as dead. Around 25,000 Jews have been murdered by Arab fascists and terrorists in the various Arab Israel wars and by "Palestinian" terrorism. So why is the American Administration so abhorred by the ISIS atrocities while demanding that Israel make concessions to and negotiate with the "Palestinian" terrorists so they can have their own state?
Why is PS (Palestinian State) any less repulsive or more acceptable than IS (Islamic State) ??
2. So tell me again why burying ISIS terrorists in pigskins is not the optimal response to the beheadings of Western journalists?
3. Honk if you want Haneen Zoabi imprisoned in Gitmo!
4. B'Tselem's Neo-Nazi Bedfellows: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4565828,00.html
5. Since the Likud is in power, only ultra-leftists can be appointed to the Supreme Court: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/184674#.VAWS5NKSw30
6. So let us see if we have this straight now. The "Palestinians" have been screaming for two months that Israel carried out a "genocide" against them in Gaza far worse than the Holocaust of Jews in Europe, which by the way they also say never took place. And then at the same time that they are supposedly being victims of genocide, they proclaim the Gaza military operation a stupendous victory over Israel.
Sunday, August 31, 2014
1. Try to imagine how you would react if you saw a "scoop" on the web site run by white supremacists in Alabama claiming that the Ku Klux Klan was in fact being secretly run and commanded by Rev Al Sharpton or Barack Obama's daughter. Would you laugh yourself silly?
Well a claim a hundred times sillier is currently making the rounds on all the Bash-Israel web sites, claiming that ISIS is in fact run by the Israeli Mossad. The anti-Semites even claim to know the name of the Israeli agent running ISIS.
The fabrication seems to have been invented by the web site of a Neo-Nazi organization calling itself "Veterans Today." The "scoop" appears here: http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/08/04/french-report-isil-leader-mossad/. It goes without saying that these people are not veterans at all. This is a conspiracist group that finds Zionist agents under every bed and inside every coca cola machine. It is wackier than the 9-11 Troofer kooks. The group has long been listed by the Anti-Defamation League as a Neo-Nazi group (see http://blog.adl.org/tags/veterans-today).
"Veterans Today" insists the Jews themselves planned the Holocaust and are currently incubating a new Hitler inside America. It has also long tried to capitalize on the old story of the accidental Israeli firing on the USS Liberty navy ship in the middle of the Six Day War (see http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/06/07/alan-hart-israels-attack-on-the-uss-liberty-the-full-story/ ). Indeed, that seems to be the origin of the group's name. They pretend to be navy vets who had been on that ship. As Neo-Nazis they have no problems with any of the countless Muslim attacks on the US over the past 60 years, and the only "attack" on the US military that interests them is that incident with the USS Liberty. (The truth about the Liberty incident can be read here: http://archive.adl.org/israel/uss.html#.VALtzDKSzK0 and http://inyourface.info/ArT/Alpha/UsL.shtml ). The Liberty incident remains the favorite bugaboo of the Neo-Nazis and their jihadi allies.
The Neo-Nazis are claiming that
2. Geezers my age may recall a popular book from the 60s titled "Black Like Me," about a white journalist who posed as a black man in the South and wrote about his experiences. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Like_Me ). Well, one of the more amusing developments in recent Israeli history consists of a somewhat similar book, titled "Catch the Jew," written by journalist and play writer Tuvia Tenenbom. He is well known as the founder of the Jewish Theater in New York (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuvia_Tenenbom).
In his new book, the multi-lingual Tenenbom toured the West Bank while passing himself off as a German investigative reporter. He spent time with the various leftwing Israeli and foreign agitators in the West Bank and asked them to educate him about the plight of the "Palestinians." He turned the results into a book. It is hilarious and at the same time highly revealing of the sorts of propagandists operating to undermine Israel and provide disinformation to the media. A chapter of his new book is reprinted in this past weekend's Makor Rishon.
Much of the chapter deals with Tenenbom's meetings and travels about the West Bank with "Rabbi" Arik Ascherman, head of the misnamed "Rabbis for Human Rights," a far-leftist anti-Israel propaganda NGO. Ascherman has "ordination" from the Reform synagogue "seminary" in Cincinnati and his wife also claims to be "ordained." In other words, both are Rabbis in the same sense as I am a ballet dancer.
While I have attacked Ascherman as a self-hating Jewish anti-Semite for years, the portrait of him in Tenenbom's chapter is far more demolishing. Mockery remains the most powerful weapon against such critters. Tenenbom meets Ascherman while the latter is wearing a "We are All Al-Arakiv" tee shirt, that being the name of some West Bank terrorist village. Noting that Ascherman is awash in funding from overseas haters of Israel, Tenebom describes how Ascherman "delivers the goods" to his patrons.
Ascherman first takes the "German journalist" to an olive orchard where he is lectured about how the "settlers" come and sabotage it and how Ascherman's team defends the trees from them. Tenenbom's guide is a Kenyan who came to the West Bank to make the world peaceful and it is a few days after the massacre of Kenyans in Nairobi by Islamists. Tenenbom asks the guide why he is here and not in Kenya trying to make world peace. He evades answering.
When they get to the orchard a Palestinian claiming his name is Bruce Lee tells the "German" about how settlers shot him last year. Bruce Lee says the "settlers" murder Palestinians all the time. How many have been so murdered?, asks the "German." Ascherman's host intervenes and tells him you will have to look it up on Google. The "German" persists and Bruce Lee says two. When? In 1999 and 2000. Bruce Lee goes on and tells the "German" that a few days ago, an Arab was praying in the field and a "settler" rode up on his horse, dismounted, told the Arabs to stop praying, and then shot him. From this we learn there are actually settlers who ride horses, says the "German" sarcastically. Did you actually see that, Bruce Lee is asked? No, my neighbor told me about it.
When no murderous settlers show up to bother the olive pickers, Ascherman offers to send a car that will take the "German" to see the horrific destruction perpetrated by settlers elsewhere. The driver arrives, a Palestinian Arab named Zakaria. They take him to a village where the German is told that every day or two the army comes and burns homes for no reason. The German asks to see some burnt homes. They cannot point him to any. They offer to show him photos of the army burning houses on a cell phone. When the German asks to see the phone photos, it turns out that they mysteriously disappeared, almost like IRS records.
Suddenly an Israeli army jeep appears. Watch this, say the hosts, the kids in the village will throw rocks at the jeep and then the soldiers will open fire at them. So they follow the jeep a bit. At one point the jeep pulls over to the side. Aha, say the hosts, these soldiers are about to set up a security checkpoint to harass Palestinians.
The German watches and one of the soldiers gets out of the jeep and takes a wizz into the bush on the side of the road.
Ah, these soldiers must be the "Number One" problem in the West Bank, but fortunately they did not turn out to be the "Number Two" problem.
Friday, August 29, 2014
40 Lessons from Hamas' War Against the Jews
Posted By Steven Plaut On August 29, 2014
1. Nice fences do not stop missiles, rockets, and mortars.
2. The pro-Hamas Left: http://www.meforum.org/4783/a-pro-hamas-left-emerges
3. How to Speak Leftist: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/truthrevolt-org/andrew-klavan-how-to-speak-leftist/
4. The latest treason from Israel;'s radical Left is to respond to the firing of 5000 Hamas rockets at Israeli children by calling on Israelis to refuse to serve in the military at all. SIgners include prominent academics, Haaretz writers, communists, and others of their ilk.
5. When anti-Semites pretend to be Holocaust survivors: http://www.algemeiner.com/2014/08/28/jewish-survivors-and-their-progeny-against-israel/
7. Here is an interesting thought. According to a poll in Israel this week, the number of Israelis who now see themselves as part of either the moderate or the radical Left is about 12%. The number of people in France who support ISIS is 16%. So more French support Isis than Israelis who support the Labor Party.
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Global Research (canada) is a conspiracist web site run by the notorious Holocaust Denier Michel Chossudovsky.
Interesting that Israeli tenured leftists have decided to publish their petition with its condemnation of Israel on that web site:
Israeli Academics Condemn the Slaughter and Endless Oppression of the Palestinian People
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
The Symposium against Patriotism and Democracy at Tel Aviv University
In recent weeks Israel has seen an unprecedented unification of spirit, with nearly the entire Jewish population strongly endorsing the military activity against the Gaza savages. The main criticism of the operations is coming from people who believe that the government is not using ENOUGH firepower and force.
The Radical academic Left has maintained an eerie silence throughout much of the operation, But this week a group of Tenured Leftists held a symposium to denounce the widespread patriotism that they fear has infected Israel. The symposium at Tel Aviv University was titled "How to Think about the War," the purpose of which was to tell people how to think. And of course the correct way to think is how the Far Left and communists think.
The symposium was organized in response to an innocent memo sent out by the Tel Aviv University administration expressing support for Israeli soldiers during the war, "embracing them," while at the same time denouncing "hurtful and extremist" comments being made by people in the social media and internet. That statement enraged the tenured Left. How dare the heads of Tel Aviv University say that they are embracing the soldiers.
The anti-patriotism rally was organized by Prof. Ishay Rosen-Zvi, an ultra-leftist faculty member at TAU in "Hebrew Culture." Rosen Zvi has a long track record of pseudo-academic Israel bashing (see http://isracampus.org.il/third%20level%20pages/Editorial%20-%20Lee%20Kaplan%20-%20Ishay%20Rosen-Zvi%20-%20leads%20crusade%20at%20Shimon%20HaTzadik%20Neighborhood.htm ) . He said he organized the symposium because he felt that the administration's statement about embracing soldiers was silencing freedom of speech and also because he felt revulsion at the wave of patriotism and unity in the Israeli media. After all, hardly any treasonous opinions were being aired during the war! Rosen Zvi demanded that the media be cleansed of the endless security-oriented and patriotic opinion, which is "designed to suppress freedom of speech." (Hebrew report in Haaretz on this is at http://www.haaretz.co.il/news/education/.premium-1.2415984 ).
Rosen Zvi was particularly irate at the fact that deaths of Israeli soldiers were not producing defeatist sentiments in the public. In the past, he said, such deaths produced pressures on the government but now they were simply contributing to a sense of national unity. In addition, Rosen Zvi denounced what he describes as "violence against the Left," by which he means public criticism of the Left. Other speakers at the symposium denounced the "excess" number of injuries of Gaza civilians as war crimes.
Sunday, August 24, 2014
Want to know what Israelis actually think? Only 3% are now leftists. Guess what the percent of university professors who are radical leftists is.
Friday, August 22, 2014
1. To be consistent here is how the NY Times, CNN, the Washington Post, MSNBC and the LA Times should report the death by beheading of the US journalist James Foley:
James Foley was a journalist and investigator into the poverty and underlying grievances behind Middle East terrorism. Foley appears to have died in mysterious circumstances, at the same time that a large number of ISIS activists were killed by American military intervention. The total number of victims of violence over the past week was 340. ISIS is a group of misunderstood militants that is motivated by frustration that its grievances are not being addressed and its reasonable demands met. ISIS emerged because of the inequalities in the world, the underprivileged situation of so many Muslims in the Middle East. Clearly all ISIS wants is its fair share of the pie, but selfish Westerners have refused to conduct good faith negotiations with the leaders of ISIS. Since these leaders had no other choice, they captured Foley and he then became a victim of the cycle of violence begun by the United States. Foley's death was clearly a protest against occupation of Iraqi and Afghan territory by the United States and against European colonial oppression. There is some confusion as to whether ISIS was in fact behind the death of Foley. Informed sources on the ground in Iraq and Syria say that Israeli Jewish settlers really killed Foley. In any case, it is clear that this sort of violence can only end when the American government conducts good faith negotiations with ISIS and meets its reasonable demands.
2. Well, I guess it is only fair. Just like the American media like to pontificate and opine about the Middle East without having the slightest idea of what they are talking about, now the Israeli media are doing the same thing about the Ferguson violence.For decades the main point that has needed understanding regarding the Middle East is that Arab violence is NOT a result of legitimate grievances but of illegitimate ambitions and criminality. Yet this week every single Israeli journalist is chiming in unison that the Ferguson violence must have been caused by legitimate grievances by black Americans. It was not. Like in the Middle East it is a reflection of illegitimate ambitions and criminality. But Israel's clueless journalists are as incapable of questioning the "party line" about Ferguson as US liberal journalists are about EITHER Ferguson or the Middle East.
The liberal media in the US are trying to create equivalence between the hoodlums rioting in Ferguson, Missouri, and the "Palestinian" intifada. Both are "occupied" and "oppressed" populations, the media bleat.
Well, for once I actually agree that there is a sort of moral equivalence. Both groups are violent criminals and hoodlums pretending to have "grievances." Neither group is "occupied " but merely pretending to be to excuse its criminality, racism and violence. Both sets of violence are a direct result of hoodlums being pandered by the liberal media and the excuses made for their violence by the Left.
3. Dear Hamas: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1795659_321874274652448_2021623863845781069_n.jpg?oh=c18c7fee55fea8d5324b009f4dd86d3f&oe=54605053&__gda__=1415969027_ea0bd7cdfa69a2728c499ae644abde96
4. Joke going around Israel. Hamas last night announced that at 6 AM it would fire rockets at Ben Gurion airport. But none were fired this morning. It turns out they were using charter rockets and everyone knows that charters always arrive 17 hours late.
5. With the beheading of a pro-terror American journalist, we re-post: