Friday, July 25, 2014
Sorry to interrupt your preparations for shabbat but this is an urgent story that just must be shared.
To explain this, the Hamas went to the trouble to produce a marching song in HEBREW (well, broken Hebrew with atrocious pronunciation). It is called: "This is How we Make Bigui-im". The Hebrew word for terrorist attacks is Pigoui-im, but Arabs cannot pronounce the "P" sound. (That means, by the way, that they cannot pronounce the word "Palestine.") Anyway, the Hamas made a whole video clip that they thought would demoralize the Jews. Bragging about how they are coming to make Bigui-im.
But a group of Israelis took the Hamas clip in its entirety, left the sound track with no change, and changed the video scenes. The result is not only the funniest video you have ever seen in your life. It also is probably the very best advertisement for Israel and life in Israel that there ever was. It shows the real Israel under war, Jews out dancing and smiling and kidding around, to the exact words and melodies of the Hamas marching song. You simply must watch it 4 or 5 times before candle lighting. It is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUSNCgPLhlQ (A common quip in Israel has people saying, At Long Last an Oriental Music Song I really Like!)
If you want to see the original Hamas clip all by itself, with Hebrew subtitles, it is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gMsFvdholw. If I find one with English subtitles, I will post it. But briefly the Hamas terrorists sing: Attack, harm the "Beoble", cause disruptions, annihilate all the Zionists, shake up Israel's confidence. It goes on in bloodthirsty manner. But you really have to watch the Zionist parody of it, with URL as mentioned above. Another parody, not as good, is here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152700312362176&set=vb.260689792175&type=3&theater
There is also a special Facebook page that has collected some of the best clips from Israel about the war. Not all are funny but a few are hilarious! The set is here (in Hebrew): https://www.facebook.com/lan2lan.StatusHunter/videos
This one is particularly funny - a Hamas terrorist emerges from the ground tunnel and asks the "Zionist dog" for directions. He tells the terrorist to dig a U-turn and return to the border. The terrorist thanks the Zionist dog. Go here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152717456972176&set=vb.260689792175&type=3&theater
Remember the story of how the Hamas fired a rocket that cut the electric cable to Gaza? Well, here is the Israeli parody of this story: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152694534127176&set=vb.260689792175&type=3&theater
Thursday, July 24, 2014
A remarkable event took place this week at Bar Ilan University, reported in Haaretz (in Hebrew here http://www.haaretz.co.il/news/education/1.2386146 )
A course in business law was being taught by one Dr. Uri Weiss, an anti-Israel ultra-leftist who was denouncing Israel on Facebook as a criminal inhumane monstrosity committing war crimes and devoted to murdering children. He also endorsed the slanders of the "Goldstone Report." The students were not amused. Bar Ilan is not the first place that comes to mind when it comes to radical anti-Israel propagandists serving on its faculty but even Bar Ilan has its own share of such moonbats. Weiss has published trash on the Neo-Nazi web magazine "Counterpunch" accusing Israel's Supreme Court of "engaging in apartheid." See http://www.counterpunch.org/2010/01/28/apartheid-at-the-israeli-high-court/ .
The students demanded from the administration the right to drop Weiss' course and take an alternative course from someone not engaged in anti-Israel demonization and slander. What is remarkable is that the Bar Ilan administration agreed! 30 students dumped Weiss and his class.
Weiss' email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
2. One other remarkable story from the dungeons of Israeli academia. We reported the story of Prof. Mordecai Kedar being persecuted and denounced by the Caring Left after he gave a radio interview about how to understand suicide bombers. There he said that suicide bombers can not be deterred by usual means and theoretically would only be deterred if there were a threat to rape their mothers and sisters when they carry out mass murder. Kedar was not advocating this be done, merely analyzing the problem theoretically.
The tenured Left had a conniption and has been demanding that Kedar be fired and silenced. One tenured leftist at my own university (Haifa) posted a message on the professors chat list that literally (I am not making this up) called for prohibiting anyone even having THOUGHTS like Kedar! That is correct. This woman professor demands a thought police that will patrol incorrect thoughts!
Meanwhile the very same people jihading against poor Mordecai Kedar are also organizing a petition to DEFEND Orna Banai and demand that she be reinstated. Banai is a not-particularly-funny TV comedienne in Israel, niece of singer and entertainer Yossi Banai. She was appearing in ads for Mano, a small Israeli-owned kosher cruise ship line. Orna started mouthing off against Israel and against the Israeli army. Mano, a private company, decided they do not want Orna to be their rep in ads any more, that she is not the image they seek to project. So they terminated her contract. The tenured Left is aghast. The very same people demanding the Mordecai Kedar be burned at the stake are organizing petitions demanding that Mano be coerced into keeping Orna Banai on its advertising payroll.
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
(apologies for another senior moment - I inadvertently used CC instead of BCC - apologies to all. Will try to be more careful)
For so many years the bleeding hearts have whined that Arab terrorism is simply a nuisance for Israel but not an existential threat. Therefore Israel was over-reacting to it in "disproportionate" manner. Well, now that the savages are shooting rockets at Ben Gurion airport it is obvious to all that terrorism IS an existential threat to Israel. And just what is the measured and proportionate response to an existential threat?
A "Palestinian state" is clearly an existential threat to Israel. So is the "Palestinian right of return." Conclusion?
1. A rather amusing spectacle has been taking place the past few days in the middle of the battles with the savages, as the Tenured Left has discovered a new cause. It seems the Tenured Left is now screaming its indignity while sipping its lattes and martinis because of Mordecai Kedar.
Kedar is a prominent Middle Eastern Studies professor at Bar Ilan University. He is decidedly non-Left. You probably have seen his many commentaries on the web and elsewhere.
It seems Kedar was interviewed recently on Israeli radio about what can be done to stop suicide bomber mass murderers. This is clearly a difficult problem since threatening to kill them is not effective for obvious reasons. Kedar answered that such people are not deterred by anything except possibly threats to their own family. Specifically, Kedar said in the interview: "The only thing that can deter terrorists, like those who kidnapped the children and killed them, is the knowledge that their sister or their mother will be raped." (See http://forward.com/articles/202558/israeli-professor-suggests-rape-as-terror-deterren/#ixzz38HXpesSW)
Well, you can imagine what sort of effect THAT statement had. Note that Kedar is hardly advocating that they be raped, just making an observation about what incentives, if any, would affect suicide bombers.
The feminizts in Israel and around the world left their Bushido studios and went on the war path. There are letter writing campaigns against Kedar and demands that Bar Ilan University fire him. These are the same feminizts who have no problems when Hamas shoots thousands of rockets at Israeli women and children. The spokesman for Bar Ilan issued a statement backing Kedar and emphasizing that his words are being intentionally distorted. The chat lists of the Tenured Left in Israel are buzzing with self-righteous leftist postureurs denouncing Kedar. Haaretz is leading the lynch mob against Kedar. Here is a typical attack on Kedar in a far-leftist web site: http://972mag.com/nstt_feeditem/israeli-scholar-only-raping-the-sister-of-a-palestinian-can-deter-him/ . It is hardly the first time the Left has demanded that people making comments it finds "insensitive" (meaning non-leftist) be silenced and censored.
Now the Caring Left so aghast at Kedar's words is curiously silent when leftists deal with the subject of rape in cavalier manner. Remember that infamous MA thesis sponsored by Hebrew University far leftists that "found" that Israeli troops do not rape Arab women because the Jews are such racists? A thesis awarded a special prize by the Hebrew University and hailed as path-breaking research by the Left? (see http://www.wordsandwar.com/2008/01/03/complete-story-of-no-rape-racism-essay/ and Refusing to Rape=Racism if you are an Israeli Soldier :: The Phyllis Chesler Organization.) THESE are the same people suddenly so aghast at Kedar's comments.
Curiously the Caring Left has also maintained its studied silence when actual rape takes place. For years everyone in academia knew about the allegations that Hebrew University's Eyal Ben Ari (sociology) had been raping his students, but because Ben Ari is a senior radical anti-Israel leftist, the Left refused to speak out because of their sense of solidarity with him. Until the Hebrew University fired him due to growing public outrage (http://isracampus.org.il/third%20level%20pages/HebrewU%20-%20Eyal%20Ben-Ari%20-%20Fired.htm ). Ben Ari, of course, was also the supervisor of that thesis accusing Jews of being racists because they do NOT rape Arabs. I guess Ben Ari just wanted to prove how unracist he was, and the Caring Left had his back.
See this: http://www.isracampus.org.il/third%20level%20pages/HebrewU%20-%20Eyal%20Ben-Ari%20-%20the%20non-rapist.htm and http://www.isracampus.org.il/third%20level%20pages/Editorial%20-%20Seth%20Frantzman%20-%20Eyal%20Ben%20Ari.htm
2. In a very strange way, I think it is good that Hamas fired some rockets at Ben Gurion airport. I have been saying for years that the Israeli government would not end its playing silly games with the savages until the airport was targeted. Short of that, Israel can bomb some empty buildings, make meaningless threats about RRH (really, really hard), seek a rapid "ceasefire" that leaves the terrorocracy intact, and then let life return to normal without annihilating the Hamas. The Israeli government is looking for any excuse possible to avoid the inevitable conclusion that Israel needs to re-conquer and re-occupy Gaza and impose Denazification and martial rule there. It has been obvious since early Oslo days that this would be necessary sooner or later. And the Israeli Left will not REALLY feel threatened until the airport itself is targeted and they cannot go on their ski holidays or pop over to the Riviera.
Well, now there is no wiggle room left. Netanayhu and company cannot hide from the obvious any longer. There is no alternative to R&D = Re-Occupation and Denazifization.
There is also no room left any longer for delusions about Israeli Arabs. The bulk of Israeli Arabs (although not all) are cheering Hamas. When injured soldiers arrived at a hospital in the Negev, the local Arab staff CHEERED (that the soldiers had been wounded). When (false) reports emerged that an Israeli soldier was kidnapped by the Hamas, the streets of Nazareth broke out in celebration. Pro-Hamas street demonstrations are everywhere there are Israeli Arabs (or Jewish communists). Many Israeli Arab businesses were closed down as signs of solidarity with the Hamas.
Avigdor Lieberman upset the caring classes by demanding that all such businesses by Arabs shut down to show support for the Hamas be boycotted by Israeli Jews and the government. The Left soiled its nappies. Lieberman hardly went far enough. It is time for the Israeli government to DEFUND and refuse to provide ANY revenues to any Arab town or village that engages in open support for Hamas and open treason against Israel. Starting with any that voted for or support Haneen Zoabi. Cut the purse strings as a first step. They want to war against the Jews? Let the Jews fight back!
Monday, July 21, 2014
1. Hat tip to Yocheved Miriam Russo for this idea. What Israel needs is an environmentally-friendly form of capital punishment for terrorists. Non-polluting, no greenhouse gases, sustainable, no carbon footprint. The idea is this: we strap each terrorist down into a solar-powered electric chair at 4 AM. His feet are placed in water. And there are solar panels above. Then we all sit and sip coffee until sunrise. And then we daven shacharit!
Now I mention this in part because the Hamas is saying it will agree to a ceasefire only if it continues to get free electricity from Israel (see http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/183150 ). Now I am all in favor of this idea as long as the free electricity is used for electric chairs. Go Sparky!
2. I concede that is has been decades since I studied chemistry but I DO seem to recall that chlorine gas is heavier than air. That means it sinks down into underground tunnels and stays there. Actually, sulfur dioxide is also heavier than air and, when mixed with water, like perspiration, it turns to sulfuric acid. So Bibi and Bogie, are you getting any ideas from this discussion?
4. The Western liberuhs are all whining that Israeli retaliations are not "surgically precise" enough. They are in fact far more precise than US or NATO military operations in recent decades. But since a perfectly-precise weapons system does not exist, when these people insist that Israel do nothing at all unless its operations are pinpoint precise, this is equivalent to insisting that Israel take no military actions at all against the Hamas savages. What they REALLY want is for Israel to roll over and turn its other cheek.....
5. If the Union army in the Civil War used the same requirements for "pinpoint accuracy" that Obama and Kerry are trying to impose upon Israel today, Obama would be a slave (or maybe a Kenyan).
6. The heavy casualties yesterday were from the elite infantry "Golani" brigade.
7. Remember back when Israel was in full control of the Gaza Strip, before the "withdrawal," when the worst thing that the local savages could do was to throw rocks at Israeli soldiers? When the Israeli Left insisted there was no risk in leaving Gaza because nothing could POSSIBLY be any worse than a situation in which rocks were being thrown at soldiers?
8. Israeli young men are dying in order to destroy the terror tunnels of the Hamas in Gaza. Lest there be any misunderstanding, every single one of those terror tunnels was constructed with concrete provided to the Hamas by the Israeli government. Afraid of the bad press for constricting "civilian supplies" to the savages.
9. We have been hearing from the Left for so long that terrorism is caused by Israeli occupation of "Palestinians." Now the truth should be obvious to all. Terrorism is caused by the REMOVAL of Israeli occupation of "Palestinians."
Sunday, July 20, 2014
1. We have been hearing from the Left for so long that terrorism is caused by Israeli occupation of "Palestinians." Now the truth should be obvious to all. Terrorism is caused by the REMOVAL of Israeli occupation of "Palestinians."
2. Al Dura - Long Range Ballistic Hoax: http://www.amazon.com/Al-Dura-long-range-ballistic/dp/0988711958/ref=tmm_pap_title_0
3. It's all YOUR fault, Chaver!
4. New words for the Frank Sinatra song, "Send in the Clowns"
As so often happens these days, the best contemporary and timely commentary on current events can be found in the Bible.
The following is largely based on an article published by the controversial Rabbi Shmuel Eliyahu, son of the late chief rabbi Mordecai Eliyahu (and the rabbi the Far Left most loves to hate for his suggesting that people in Safed rent their apartments out to Jews and not Arabs). But putting politics aside:
He begins by arguing that the fact that over 1000 rockets were fired into Israel with almost no casualties at all clearly represents (in his opinion) Divine intervention. He notes that a single Hamas attack on Egyptian troops killed and injured more than did the 1000 plus rockets fired at the Jews. He considers it a manifestation of the expression in prayer of the construction of a Succah of Peace over Israel and Jerusalem.
He then goes on to explore the Biblical term "Hamas." The word Hamas appears throughout the Bible in the Hebrew text. The first place it appears is in the story of Noah, to describe the evil of that generation. But what exactly does the word mean? In the authoritative Onkelos translation of Biblical text into Aramaic, Hamas is translated as "kidnapping." Still think the Bible is out of date?
In Genesis in the story of Noah it says that the earth was filled with Hamas kidnapping. We know how this was fixed.
In the psalms, which are traditionally attributed to King David, the term Hamas appears 14 different times in 12 different chapters. In Psalm 7, the behavior of the Hamas people is described. It says that they not only attack with swords and arrows but shoot explosive fiery projectiles. The same Psalm describes Hamas people as those who obsessively lie and as those who dig tunnels in order to cause injury to their victims. King David writes explicitly that these tunnels will turn into the graves of the Hamas.
Chapter 11 of Psalms describes how the Hamas loves to shoot at innocent people, meaning women and children. The Psalm predicts that fire and brimstone will rain down upon the Hamas. Drones and choppers are not mentioned. In Chapter 18 King David describes how to defeat Hamas enemies and mentions a bow of copper, which reminds us a bit of a Dome of Iron. He predicts that his soul will be rescued from the Hamas. In Chapter 25 the Hamas are described as people driven by obsessive blind hatred for Jews. In Chapter 35 Psalms asks God for protection against the Hamas liars and false witnesses. In Chapter 55 Psalms predicts that the Hamas barbarians will fight among themselves. Chapter 72 of Psalms again predicts that Israel will be rescued from Hamas. In Chapter 73 Hamas people are described as lazy bums and as parasites.
Finally in Psalm 140, Hamas is mentioned three times as evil ones even when they pretend to be seeking peace.
Friday, July 18, 2014
1. Amos 1:6: Thus says the LORD: "For three transgressions of Gaza, and for four I will not revoke the punishment, because they carried into exile a whole people to deliver them up to Edom."
2. When Hamas meets Darwin: http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2014/05/15/terrorist-blows-himself-up-with-rpg/
3. Israel's new Spice Girl: http://www.israelvideonetwork.com/unbelievable-secret-israeli-weapon-recently-exposed
4. How Napoleon dealt with Gaza (and with Turks): (from http://www.napoleonichistoricalsociety.com/articles/middleast.htm)
The time taken to conquer Gaza was longer than expected, but another even more difficult problem emerged. An army on the march is ill suited to the maintenance of prisoners of war. Moreover, Napoleon was very short on food, and could not afford to feed the two thousand Turks he had captured. Using his western sense of honor as his guide, he freed the Turks on the condition that they swear not to fight the French ever again. British and other western soldiers would adhere to their word of honor. For the Turks, however, western concepts of honor would prove to have little relevance. They were in a holy war against the infidel, and one does not honor pacts with the devil.
Thinking that problem solved, Napoleon marched north to Jaffa. On March 7, he took the port city of Jaffa. This was a significant military victory, but it led to one of the more controversial episodes in Napoleon's career. In taking Jaffa the French also took about four thousand Turkish prisoners. Many of these prisoners were the very Turks who had earned their freedom at Gaza by swearing not to fight the French again. Moreover, the problems of food and transportation that existed in Gaza were even more serious with the French further north and the number of Turks doubled.
Napoleon was thus faced with a very difficult situation. He could, of course, release the Turks. Doing this would mean, however, that they would eventually rejoin the Turkish army and kill more French soldiers. Clearly, Napoleon could not have any faith in their oaths. If Napoleon kept them prisoner, they would either starve to death or cause the starvation of French soldiers. Napoleon was torn by the options, and consulted at length with his advisors. In the end, however, he ordered the Turks shot.
5. Leftist anti-democratic pseudo-academic, Prof. David Enoch from the Hebrew University's law school, makes a fool of himself, becomes the laughingstock of American academic community:
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
1. I was overly optimistic. Netanyahu DID order Israeli technicians to restore the power to Gaza after Hamas rockets had damaged the power lines, so Gaza savages are once again getting free electricity from Israel.
2. The Torah has an interesting comment on how to utilize a ceasefire with terrorists:
Dear Prime Minister Netanyahu: